Pulchowk Campus is a certified engineering college, with various faculties and institutes at Tribhuvan University. Tribhuvan University has a number of engineering departments. Four constituent campuses and ten private colleges mark up the Institute of Engineering. The Institute of Engineering is situated at the Pulchowk Campus. It is situated at the center of the city and was established in 1972 (2029 B.S.) as one of the Institute of Engineering’s constituent campuses. Bachelor’s degrees in engineering, architecture, and urban planning; Master’s degrees in engineering, architecture, and urban planning; and doctorates in engineering are all offered at the Pulchowk Campus. Since 1973 (2030 BS), the Pulchowk campus has provided diploma-level (intermediate level with a three-year duration) engineering programs in a variety of subjects. The Pulchowk campus has offered bachelor’s degree programs in a range of engineering disciplines since 1984 (2041 BS).
Pulchowk Campus was responsible for providing low to middle-level engineers in the civil, electrical, electronics, mechanical, and architectural fields until 1984. As the nation showed a developing need for engineering manpower, it recognized the national and international demand.
As a consequence, in 1984, a four-year bachelor’s degree program in Civil Engineering was initiated. Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering and Architecture was established in 1995 (2052 BS) while a bachelor’s in Computer Engineering was established in 1998 (2055 BS).
Electrical Engineering and Electronics Engineering bachelor’s degrees were established gradually. These BE degree programs were originally established in Nepal. Bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. programs are currently offered at Pulchowk Campus. D. is the abbreviation for the letter D. Engineering programs are available in a variety of disciplines.
The Pulchowk Campus strives to establish itself as a premier engineering education institution comparable to proprietary role models around the globe.
Pulchowk Campus intends to provide high-quality engineering education and research in key frontier engineering disciplines that are particularly relevant to the country.
The following objectives of Pulchowk Campus:
- Academic Programs: Build new knowledge at the forefront of engineering and technology that assists individuals and society by developing enhanced academic programs on education, research works, training activities, exams, and evaluations.
- Advocacy on Engineering Policies: Approach national development issues through engineering policies by generating leadership in emerging engineering fields.
- Rules and Regulations: Enhance faculty, staff, and students’ management and leadership abilities by requiring them to follow rules and regulations, allocate resources and infrastructure effectively, and make full use of assets.
- Resource Planning: The campus’s financial sustainability is managed via resource planning and fund management.
- Technology Transfer: Enhance technology transfer and capacity-building mechanisms through international collaboration and exchange programs.
Only those candidates who qualified for the entrance examination are declared eligible for admission in each academic year at the Institute of Engineering (IOE). According to the admission procedure used by the associated institution, these eligible candidates may be accepted to any of the component and affiliated institutions. The constituent colleges adopt the usual admission process, but the affiliated colleges follow a variety of procedures.
From the academic year 2011/12, this campus has also offered master’s degrees in Transportation Engineering and Disaster Risk Management. In section 1.3 below, we consider a category-wise breakdown of Master Program intake capacity. Regular Ph.D. programs have also started at the Institute. All departments’ admission was accepted for the academic year 2010/11. Only those candidates who pass the entrance examination are considered eligible for admission in each academic year at the Institute of Engineering (IOE).
Students considered for admission to the Ph.D. program must have a specific minimum of qualifications. TU or other institutions of higher education recognized by TU offer a program of study that consists of a Master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field. For the study period, full-time working applicants must get a letter from their respective institutions confirming leave acceptance. Doctoral study programs appear in two flavors; i.e., There are two types of scholars: full-time and part-time. Full-time full-scholarship student students are normally required to complete a three-year doctorate degree, whereas nonfull-scholarship students are required to complete a five-year doctorate degree.
Bachelors ( Tribhuvan University)
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Electronics, Communication and Information Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (BE Civil)
- Bachelor in Aerospace Engineering (BE)
- Bachelor in Chemical Engineering
Masters ( Tribhuvan University )
- MSc in Climate Change and Development
- MSc in Computer System and Knowledge Engineering
- MSc in Construction Management
- MSc in Disaster Risk Management
- MSc in Energy System Planning and Management
- MSc in Power System Engineering
- MSc in Renewable Energy Engineering
- MSc in Structural Engineering
- MSc in Technology and Innovation Management
- MSc in Transportation Engineering
- MSc in Urban Planning
- MSc in Water Resources Engineering
- MSc in Material Science and Engineering
- MSc in Information and Communication Engineering (MSICE)
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical System Design and Engineering (MS-MSDE)
- MSc in Infrastructure Engineering and Management
- MSc in Energy for Sustainable Social Development
- MSc in Energy Efficient Building
- MSc Earthquake Engineering
- MSc in Electrical Engineering in Distributed Generation
- MSc in Applied Mathematics
- MSc in Hydropower Engineering
- Masters in Architecture
- MSc in Computer Engineering Specialization in Data Science and Analytics
- MSc in Geo-Technical Engineering
- PhD in Engineering